We sometimes feel that life goes by too fast; that technology is both a blessing & a curse…and that keeping track of all the internal & external forces that directly impact our lives is a daunting task.
In the midst of all of this, turn to:
The Principle of Uncertainty… where everything may be unpredictable or even unthinkable but where our purposeful and illuminated actions can affect the outcome of the universe.
Check out this article about Leadership written by Antonio Lucio- Global leader for Visa
We cannot predict the future (shocking revelation) but we can observe & interact with reality to influence it.
Keys to leadership in the 21st century-
1. Be anchored in a purpose. Note that we are judged by our intentions, actions & omissions.
2. Have a holistic view of the world. Combining economic, political, social, consumer, & technological trends. Note that business is about enhancing every life & community we touch.
3. Live in both global & local worlds.
4. Understand citizens & consumers, solve people’s problems with real solutions.
5. Operate under “centralized decentralization”—allow units to operate freely within markets—tethering them by a sense of aligned purpose, clearly defined roles, & constant communication.
6. Resilience » Fall. Quickly pick yourself up. Learn. Continue. Result: an unwavering faith in your purpose & inherent positive outlook on life.